Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Incredible Hulk Preview!

Hello everyone, I just got back from visiting Universal Studios' backlot (a privilege when you buy an annual pass to the park. I think...) where I was treated to some footage of Universal's upcoming Incredible Hulk movie.

Director Louis Leterrier and Producers Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd introduced a few scenes from the movie then later talked about the feature and about their vision of The Hulk. I'm not allowed to talk about specifics until a later date, but the footage I saw looked great. We saw about three scenes and they are almost finished mixing the movie, getting it ready for its June 13th release.

For those of you worried about how this film will turn out, and even I had doubts at first, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. The scene I saw between the Hulk and Abomination was, pun intended, incredible. On the way out of the mixing room I had to say to Louis, "Holy shit, that was awesome."

After seeing these scenes, I'm really looking forward to this film. The Hulk has always been one of my favorite super heroes. And in case you were wondering about how he would be portrayed, I can honestly say that this Hulk seems far more brutal and aggressive in response to a threat than Ang Lee's version. From the few scenes I saw, the insurance companies for this comic book universe are going to have their hands full once the smoke has cleared.

Thanks to the wonderful people at Universal (That means you Lindsey) for the opportunity to get a sneak peek at a few action packed minutes from the movie. Stay tuned for the upcoming interview with Louis, Kevin and Anne and also another article describing what I saw on screen. And yes, they threw in some Marvel universe easter eggs. ;)

Get Hulked when you write to: george@latinoreview.com

Original here

No comments: