Monday, June 9, 2008

Sam Raimi Wants to Direct 'Spider-Man 4'

Last summer, it looked like Sam Raimi was ready to walk away from the Spider-Man franchise, but he's singing a different tune this summer. Coming Soon recently talked to Raimi about his status as the most profitable superhero series ever gears up for its fourth film.
"James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) is writing the script and I'm excited to read it. I think it's going to be done in a few months," Raimi said. A year ago, Marvel and company were hunting down a new writer, based less on where they knew the characters were headed and more on where the new writer wanted to take the story. Raimi seems excited about Vanderbilt's concept, adding, "I'm hoping it's as great as our discussions were about it. Then Raimi officially threw his hat in the ring again: "I love Spider-Man. I'm hoping I'm well rested enough to embrace it and I'm hoping Sony wants me to do it. If all of those things come together, I would love to do it. There are a lot of unknowns about the future." As for those of us who would like nothing more than this series to progress without Kirsten Dunst, though, a bit of bad news. Raimi doesn't envision changing up his cast. "I'd hate to re-cast anybody in the future, I can't imagine that." Then you, sir, are in the minority.

Original here

No comments: