Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hard Rock And Metal Music Fans Will Love Polaris



Indie Music Review: Polaris

Polaris is a band from Ohio that warns it is not responsible for the melting of faces. Could this warning indicate that they are a little on the hard side of rock? Indeed it is true, and Polaris has one hell of a lot to offer to heavy metal fans.

Polaris describes their music as having rock, metal and southern rock influences. Dare I be so bold as to also add grunge to the list? I swear I hear that influence in there as well. I think their music is a great combination of styles that gives them their own unique sound. They also unplug well in their song "Home".

Polaris plays tight and rocks hard. Dan Newkirk's vocals hooked me from the beginning, providing a distinct sound for the group. This is a band that has it together and will go far. I will have the distinct pleasure of saying I wrote about them "way back when" before they were superstars.

Go listen to Polaris' music and then come back and tell me what you think. Am I right or what?

Original here

No comments: