Tuesday, October 28, 2008

'Saturday Night Live' star Amy Poehler gives birth to son, Archie

By KORIN MILLER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Amy Poehler had a good excuse for missing work on Saturday - she was having a baby.

The "Saturday Night Live" star welcomed Archie Arnett, her first child with husband Will Arnett this weekend.

RELATED STORY: POEHLER: LEAVING SNL WILL BE 'HARD'

"Amy, Will and Archie are all healthy and resting comfortably," her rep said in a statement.

PHOTOS: THIS BUMP'S FOR YOU

Seth Meyers, the comedienne's "Weekend Update" co-anchor, shared the good news on SNL Saturday night to a cheering crowd.

PHOTOS: SEE WILL ARNETT AND OTHER STARS ON 'SESAME STREET'

"Amy Poehler is not here tonight because she is having a baby," he said.

Poehler, who played a wacky surrogate mom in "Baby Mama" earlier this year, told the Daily News in April that she's excited to become a mom.

"I'm great with kids," she said. "I think I'm still a big, giant kid. I understand them and usually we're the same size. I think I understand the way they look up at the world. I get it."

Poehler, 37, announced she would be leaving the sketch comedy show after her son's birth to star in her own NBC sitcom.

Original here

No comments: